Monday, May 4, 2009

Cognitive Theory

Hi All,

You'll notice that the "Making Films Mean" readings aren't online and should be copied from the reserves. I'll probably be focusing on this article most so please give it a read.

In addition to these readings, I'd love it if you could all come in with one of your own original interpretations of a film. I'd like to experiment in class with breaking these interpretations down in the Bordwellian framework. So, I'm looking for a very basic interpretation (which doesn't need to be pre-written) in which you do a short close reading of a film. Then we'll all present our ideas.

ALSO, I would strongly advise you all to look at the four types of textual analysis in this article. It is exactly the kind of quiz question I would look for.

Eli

1 comment:

Matthew Chaloux said...

Hey, all of you late readers:

http://books.google.ca/books?id=cIJs1s8xkTUC&dq=bordwell+making+meaning&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=dSqX88C4oy&sig=AUH7IFs3kpAmKSprRQaX0hBzyX0&hl=en&ei=F00CSvCpHJqqMsmqtdME&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#PPA1,M1